COSHH Awareness Training – COSHH stands for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, and is concerned primarily with the safe handling, usage and storage of chemicals and substances that pose a danger to the health of either those handling the substances or to other people.
Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put people’s health at risk, so the law requires employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill health. They have to protect both employees and others who may be exposed by complying with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH).
The majority of organisations today use substances that could cause harm to employees, contractors and other people. These hazardous substances can come in many different forms such as:
- Asphyxiating gases
- Biological agents
Delegates will be briefed on the importance for procedures, safe handling and assessment of substances within their business and workplace. These regulations also include requirements for a wide range of hazardous substances including chemicals, gases and biological agents.
Delivered directly in your workplace for up to 6-12 delegates for a group booking of only £510.00 +Vat. Call 01978 884 775 today and speak to our friendly staff to discuss your training requirements.
Did you know that we can also deliver the Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH (RQF) – Call us on 01978 884 775 for further details.
COSHH Awareness Course – who is this course suitable for:
This COSHH Awareness training course is suitable for managers, supervisors and employees who are required to use or handle hazardous substances. It is designed to increase awareness of the dangers and controls needed in handling and working with hazardous substances.
Half Day (4 hours) We are flexible with starting times to meet the needs of your business, please discuss with us when making your booking with us. We can deliver this course directly in your workplace anywhere in North Wales including Wrexham, Bangor, Queensferry, Colwyn Bay and Holyhead.
COSHH awareness training – course aims:
This course will specifically benefit everyone who may occasionally or regularly come into contact with hazardous substances or has responsibility for people who operate or visit this type of environment. At the end of this course delegates should:
- Have an awareness of the regulations and an understanding of duties and legislation
- Have increased awareness of the health and safety issues associated with using and handling hazardous substances
- Possess skills on safe handling of substances
- Have an understanding of the recording and reporting process
- Understand a step by step approach to be used for a COSHH assessment
COSHH awareness training Course Content:
This COSHH training course will cover relevant issues likely to affect persons using chemicals and harmful substances. There will be group discussion and theoretical work delivered during the course and course content includes:
- An overview of relevant legislation
- Definition and classification of hazardous substances
- The body and how it can become contaminated
- How ill health and injuries occur
- Introduction and understanding risk assessments
- Controlling risk
- Understanding Material Safety Data Sheets
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Management of waste
- An understanding of the COSHH Regulations
- Why we use a Risk Assessment and the legal requirements
- COSHH Assessment in practice
- The principles for controlling substances hazardous to health
- Undertaking a suitable COSHH risk assessment and identifying controls
- The need for safe use and storage
- Preparing and maintaining records (including Material Safety Data Sheets)
COSHH awareness training – Assessment and Certification:
Candidates will be continually assessed during the course by the tutor. There will be a multi choice exam at the end of the course. Delegates who complete this course successfully will receive a Certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years. A mixture of PowerPoint presentation, syndicate exercises, DVD, interaction with course tutor and end of course test paper.
COSHH awareness training, delivered directly in your workplace anywhere in North Wales including:
For more information on our COSHH Awareness Training or other health and safety training courses in North Wales or if you want to discuss a course specific to your business needs please email us. Or alternatively, call us on 01978 884 775 and speak with one of our training Consultants.